Tuesday, June 19, 2007

WSOP 2007 WHOOPING

NLHE Event 27 - Over 2300 entrants X $1500.00 = a lot of dough to be had (not by me). I made it to Round 4 - blind of $100/$200 + $25 ante with a chip stack not exceeding $5500. I moved to a table where the average stack was around $10K. I misplayed AK out of position against JJ, and didn't re-reraise it pre-flop (or laid it down on a raise) by smooth calling. Board was 7 7 7 and I check raised his bet on the flop assuming he had the identical hand (AK) and went down like a b all of fire with no A or K help. I felt I had to be aggressive to build any stack and that was a huge mistake. I had a lot of play and chips left to be more patient as the 1 hour blind levels allowed for such strategy.

The Binions Classic $200+0 6 Handed NLHE - Over 250 players - didn't go so hot too the following day. Stinging from the day's previous WSOP event, I came in thinking I needed to be patient, but that's not the strategy in a short handed event. I won't go into details other than that I did not change gears properly.

On a postive note, congratulations to Serge "The Jesus" for finishing 39th in the WSOP RAZZ $1500. It wasn't in the money (32nd was cash) but the table he was on was tough as nails (every player was a ranked pro). His blog: www.myfirstworldseriesofpoker.blogspot.com will give you the details.

No comments: